The University of Tulsa competed in the Supermileage challenge. “Go as far as possible on as little gas as possible.” The car did well, but it needed to be more aerodynamic. I volunteered to make a fairing for the engine. I had never really fiberglassed anything large, and wanted to gain experience, so I figured it would be a great project. It was! I learned a lot. I was also the only person to complete their project by the end of the semester. I think my first attempt at fiberglassing turned out fairly well. The paint didn’t cover evenly, but that was purely cosmetic anyway. Left to Right: In front of the car, and mounted on the car.